Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 1

I have decided to embark on a year-long project inspired by the book "365: A Daily Creativity Journal."  Everyday, for an entire year, I will be creating a piece of artwork.  The theme for the year is dots.  Every piece of artwork will contain dots in some way, shape, or form.  My goal is to explore as many different mediums as possible and really broaden my art horizons.


For day one, I decided to paint with wax.  I have never done anything like this before, but I was inspired by sculpting with wax in my warm glass class.  I melted down wax and "dyed" it with different colored crayons.  Then I used paintbrushes to paint abstract designs.  I think it turned out pretty cool!


What do you think?



2 comments:

  1. who knew melted wax and crayons were good for anything! these pieces make me smile :) thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This girl is CREATIVE! Great idea! Shall we nickname her "Dotty?"

    ReplyDelete